Skip to Main Content
University and System Strategic Plans
UNC Charlotte Strategic Goals
- Academic Excellence: Realizing higher education’s transformational power by providing an exemplary academic experience for all students.
- Access and Social Mobility: Providing education that has profound social and economic value and lifelong impact for students from all backgrounds.
- Discovery, Innovation, and Creativity: Engaging in inquiry to generate new knowledge, modes of expression, understanding, and solutions to society’s most significant challenges.
- Community Engagement: Collaborating with local, state, national, and global partners to prepare our students to be engaged and effective citizens and to promote the common good through research and service that addresses a broad range of social needs.
- Integrity and Respect: Ensuring the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards and a collegial culture that embraces different perspectives, civil disclosure, and free expression, where all University members are treated with respect, fairness, and dignity.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Eliminating barriers and creating an inclusive and equitable culture of belonging for students, faculty, and staff of different ages, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, identities, and abilities.
- Environmental Stewardship: Pursuing sustainability and environmental justic to protect the planet through education, research, stewardship of scarce resources.
- Performance and Accountability: Utilizing data to inform university policies, programs, and actions and to assess progress through relevant measures.